Image Credits: The Verge
The day of redemption has finally arrived for Samsung, as it has announced the release date of its Galaxy S8 and S8+.
The previous year wasn’t as great for Samsung as expected, the much hyped Note 7 turned into an epic failure costing Samsung over $9 billion in sales.
Let’s take a look at all the exciting features Samsung Galaxy S8 beholds:
Image Credits: CDN.BGR.COM
- The size of S8 and S8+ will be 5.8 inches and 6.2 inches respectively.
- The screens of each will be super tall as the outer frame has been reduced.
- The screens will be curved, Samsung now refers to them as infinity display.
- Both phones will have the same resolution- 2960 x 1440.
- Yes! There is no home button. However, it has a virtual home button, if you tap harder onto the screen you will be directed.
- The hardware is slick. The camera bump of Samsung Galaxy S8 can’t be felt due to its seamless hardware.
- You will have four ways to unlock the phone- Pattern, Finger Print, Iris Scanning and Face Scanning.
- It will have a headphone jack, most people were anticipating a no headphone jack phone just like the iPhone 7.
- Back camera is unchanged (12 MP), but has an improved image processing software. The front camera has however been improved- 8 MP with Auto Focus.
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB Storage with expandable storage option.
- Bixby is being introduced, which is Samsung’s intelligent agent just like iPhone’s Siri. This is the feature people are looking forward to the most.
Image Credits: STATIC6.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM
Pre-orders of Samsung Galaxy S8 start on 30th March, 2017. The phone will go on sale on 21st April 2017. S8 and S8+ will be available in 3 colors in the United States- Black, Grey and Silver.
The prices have not been announced yet.
We all look forward to a successful launch of the Samsung Galaxy S8 as the previous year was a little rough on them.
And we hope that the first caught by Samsung’s outlet in Singapore Tuesday morning isn’t a bad omen.