Born in Hawaii, a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, Barack Obama became the first African-American President of the United States of America on November 4th, 2008.
The African-Americans were celebrating as they finally saw liberation and equality, a leader from their own who would voice their concerns. The rest of America was in a shock. They feared and doubted that an African American can be their leader. A guy living in the notorious South Side of Chicago, who went by the name “Barry” would become “The President”. Guess what? President Barack Obama proved those who doubted him wrong and won the hearts of the people in the United States. They loved him so much that they re-elected him as President in 2012.
As we all know it was election year, and a lot of bashing was done. Trump left no chance to pass debasing and humiliating comments about President Barack Obama. Some accusations were Obama not being born in the United States, Obama being ignorant and disastrous, and him being the founder of ISIS. These are just a few condescending comments Trump passed, but Obama didn’t go running in the wild after Trump, in fact he dealt with the situation like a gentleman. Check out the video below to witness the wit, humor, and grace of Barack Obama.
If one still has any doubts about Barack Obama being a people’s person and a great leader, he should take a look at how the Obama’s spent Thanksgiving yesterday. Obama along with his wife Michelle and youngest daughter Sasha, spent Thanksgiving in Washington, DC serving meals to the Veterans. No one serves the country better than a Veteran, he definitely deserves all the respect, love, and warmth. Serving food to a Veteran is an honor in itself.
Whereas Donald Trump spent his first Thanksgiving at his residence in Florida along with his family, he was working hard to “make America great again”. Here is what he tweeted.
Still don’t think Barack Obama was the coolest president the United States has ever had? Want more proof? Here are five occasions that prove Obama was the coolest:
1) The way he dealt with kids, he would play with them without having that haughty attitude “oh I’m the president, why should I?”
2) When Barack Obama and Justin Timberlake wore almost matching suits and looked so fly.
3) When Obama took a “selfie” with British Prime Minister David Cameron and Denmark’s Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt. (We all remember this image – especially the after effects by Michelle Obama)
4) When Barack Obama wasn’t ashamed of PDA, he did not care who was looking. The greed and power of being president didn’t change his love towards his wife.
5) When he dropped the mic like its hot
If you still don’t think Obama was the coolest president then you seriously need a reality check. Rumor has it that Michelle Obama will be running for president in the year 2020. I wish these four years go by in a flash.